Friday, August 10, 2012

Nail of the Day: Orly's Glowstick

My latest manicure is brought to you by Orly's Glowstick. This polish was released in Orly's Summer 2012 Feel The Vibe Collection. I've kept a look out for this collection for quite some time and was so excited to find this color at ULTA. I am a major fan of neon polish. They are perfect for summer and they make everything more fun. This shade is as neon as you can get, practically glow-in-the-dark. Glowstick legit is blinding! It was very hard to photograph because you can't transfer how bright it actually is!

Glowstick is the BRIGHTEST BRIGHT! The NEONEST NEON! Glowstick is a neon yellow that does lean towards green. It is as vibrant as a caution sign, traffic stop yellow. Glowstick's formula is a bit troublesome and streaky. I needed 3 coats to get it opaque and it was still patchy. I could have definitely used another coat. I would absolutely recommend layering it over a white coat. It will be brighter that way and will save you the hassle of layering. If you love neons you must get your hands on this shade. You can find Orly polish and the Feel The Vibe Summer 2012 Collection at ULTA or Sally's now!

I am wearing OPI's basecoat, 3 coats of Glowstick and OPI's topcoat. Glowstick drys as a matte and even with the topcoat it began to loose it's shine so I used one coat of Essie's No Chips Ahead over top to extend manicure and give extra shine. 
PRICE: $8.50
www.orlybeauty.com



No comments:

Post a Comment