Saturday, August 4, 2012

Nail of the Day: Essie's Borrowed & Blue

My latest manicure is brought to you by, one of my all time favorites, Essie's Borrowed & Blue. This polish was released in Essie's 2011 Wedding Collection. Pastels are beyond stunning for the summer and this shade in particular just POPS! Not only does it work for a Bride, but really compliments summer skin for a summer mani. I am seeing more and more of this blue bridal nail polish trend and I am loving. I always love Essie's annual wedding collection because Brides need more of an option then just the french manicure. What an unique shade for her special day and the name is just perfect. 

Borrowed & Blue is a beautiful, pastel baby blue with a very dense milky white base. It makes any skin tone seem tan by the vibrancy of the color. The first coat is a bit streaky but after 2 or 3 coats it covers the nail quite beautifully. This color has such a special place in my heart-this is my Tracy Turnblad manicure. I wear this color when I perform Hairspray. The muted pastel aspect just screams 1960's to me! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! I am wearing Essie's base coat, 3 coats of Borrowed & Blue and OPI's topcoat. PRICE: $8.00 


1 comment: